Text Connects IT Standards
Last Updated June 2023
Domain Name & DNS
- All domain names must be registered at one of the approved registrars: GoDaddy, CloudFlare, Google Domains, Network Solutions or Text Connects Domains.
- DNS must be hosted at one of the approved registrars or Amazon Route 53, not the hosting company or web designer.
- Text Connects Managed Solutions must have the login information for the registrar.
- Primary internet connection must be with Spectrum or Atlantic Broadband. Frontier Fiber is being currently analyzed.
- Fiber with an SLA is preferred
- Telecom / Network equipment must be protected by a APC or similar UPS device.
- Client must provide properly grounded 15 or 20 amp 120 volt circuits for equipment.
- Supported wireless vendors include Ruckus, Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Ubiquiti, and Aerohive.
- 802.11n/ac/ax Access Points
- Support licensing must be current on all items
- Access points are powered by a POE switch which complies with 802.3af or 802.3at standards.
- Encryption standard is WPA2, using AES Algorithm or newer standards